Junior Investor, Norrsken VC - an Entrepreneurial Impact Venture Capital Fund, Stockholm, Sweden
About our client
We are working with Norrsken VC – one of Europe’s leading and largest impact focussed early-stage VC funds. Based in Stockholm, they have backed some of Europe’s most innovative and ambitious founders tackling the world’s biggest problems in line with the ‘17 UN Sustainable Development Goals’. Holdings include companies such as Northvolt, Einride and Heart Aerospace.
The close-knit team are united by one simple question: “Where do we find the next impact unicorn?”.
In their pursuit of this goal, they are looking to expand their team as they continue to broaden their geographical focus across Europe. They are looking for an Investment Director or Partner and an Investment Analyst who will be based in Stockholm, but with a view to be part of setting up a new office in the UK and/or DACH region in a couple of years. They are a small team, so every hire has an exponential impact on every result they produce, and it is an exceptionally flat structure with proven scope for progression. As a team, a commitment to diversity has been one of their founding principles and this is reflected in their 50/50 gender split across not only the fund, but uniquely also at the Partner level.
Through their impact lens, they have a portfolio spanning FoodTech, CleanTech, Energy Transition among many others. See the portfolio here: Portfolio (norrsken.vc). The Norrsken VC mission is to back the best founders to produce a combination of a high impact and financial returns.
The fund is an independent vehicle with fully commercial returns targets. It was incubated by (and continues to be linked to) the Norrsken Foundation – one of the largest Impact hubs globally. The impact this has on the deal flow is hard to over-emphasise as it provides unparalleled access to the top tier impact entrepreneurs.
They are thought leaders in the impact space and are on a mission to build the next reference investor in the impact space. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial fund investing in some of the most exciting companies in Europe and making a demonstrable impact.
What the job involves:
- Supporting all aspects of the transaction process from sourcing through execution and working with the portfolio
- Evaluating and screening investment opportunities for both their commercial prospects and their impact
- Building out networks in the space across Europe – representing Norrsken and their values in the market
Who we are looking for:
- 1-2 years of work experience from e.g. Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital
- Entrepreneurial or operational experience from a start-up or scale-up is highly desirable
- A strong DACH or UK early-stage network is a plus
- Someone who wants to make the world a better place, and believes entrepreneurship and strong business models are great driving forces for this
- A deeply analytical thinker who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- A degree from a top-tier university
If this sounds like you, we’d be delighted to talk in more detail. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
Impact Investing, Venture Capital