Investment Director / Manager, Single Family Office, Munich or Hamburg, Germany
Our client is a successful German single family office focusing on majority and minority private equity deals in the small and lower mid cap space mainly across the DACH region. The family has a strong Mittelstand background and substantial financial resources. They are now looking to grow the family office with an experienced Director to help run the investments from the initial sourcing through to the deal analysis, execution and long-term portfolio management. The new hire can be based either in the firm’s Munich or Hamburg office.
- Work on the origination, analysis and execution of new deal opportunities in the small and mid cap space and make long-term investment recommendations to the family.
- On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for financial and commercial analysis and management of due diligence workstreams.
- You will be expected to hit the ground running and lead all aspects of the deal analysis and execution, including structuring and financing of the deal, drafting of contracts and negotiations.
- Responsibility for portfolio management and monitoring. Set-up and management of controlling and reporting systems for the portfolio companies. Development of governance structures for the portfolio companies.
- Further develop your existing network in the German small and mid-market private equity space.
- The family office is looking for a reliable Investment Director that values confidentiality and is a looking to build a long-term career at this firm.
- Significant previous experience at another family office, private equity house, investment bank, M&A boutique or Big 4 Accounting firm. Ideally, you have had initial exposure to small and mid-market private equity transactions already as an adviser or investor.
- A strong academic track record from a top university with a degree in business administration, economics, finance, management or engineering.
- Excellent analytical skills and great commercial judgement combined with a hands-on attitude.
- Working directly for the family’s senior members, you need to be a confident and professional communicator with the ability to build long-term relationships in the market and actively drive the investment process.
- Existing network of private equity firms and M&A advisors.
- Native-level German skills and excellent English are required.