Legal Specialist, Global Renewables Investor, Milan, Italy
About our client
Our client is a global power generation company committed to new growth in thermal and renewable technologies. The firm seeks to acquire and operate electricity generation businesses worldwide, creating economic and social value through better operation. They are currently looking to hire a Legal Specialist to join the team in Milan, working with their European and global General Counsel and Head of Legal.
What the job involves
As the Legal Specialist, you will be working as a part of a small but high performing team where you will be expected to be highly autonomous. Day to day the role will give you the opportunity to work across the transactional, corporate and regulatory aspects of the fund manager with exciting progression opportunities.
- Support the Head of Legal in M&A transactions and in all matters of its competence and/or special projects.
- Support the Head of Legal in financing transactions
- Legal counselling on issues related to the interpretation, execution and termination of contracts
- Support in corporate legal activities of the business
- Draft, review, and revise contracts with domestic and international counterparties and other legal documents,
- Support in compliance and broader regulatory activity
- Proactively engage with business functions and ascertain when legal advice is necessary across all areas
Who we are looking for
- Experience gained working in international companies, operating in the investment or energy sector
- Experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of legal contracts and transactional documents with ability to handle responsibility with a minimum of supervision
- A team player who is collaborative and resourceful
- Excellent technical legal skills
- A fluent English speaker
- A qualified lawyer or holds a law degree
Private Equity, Infrastructure, Legal, Operations