M&A Associate, Expanding Financial Services Firm backed by Private Equity Investor, Cologne, Germany
Our client is a financial services business that is going through a strong growth phase and has brought on board a prominent private equity firm to support them. The firm provides advisory services and tailored insurance and risk solutions to companies looking to insure their material assets, machinery or management teams. The business is now well established and very profitable but remains very entrepreneurial and is now looking to expand through a significant number of add-on acquisitions across the German-speaking region. To support this exciting growth path the firm has recently received significant fresh investment from a prominent global private equity investor and is now looking to hire an M&A Associate to work on all aspects of the add-on acquisitions and integration. The position will be based in Cologne with the option to move to the firm’s Munich office in the medium-term.
- Work closely with the management team and the private equity investor on add-on transactions across the German-speaking region.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the deal life cycle – from target company research and approach, to valuations, structuring and managing various due diligence workstreams, to negotiation and closing of the deal.
- You will also be involved with in-depth post-merger integration, providing you not only with strong deal exposure but also with highly relevant operational experience.
- Previous transaction experience gained at a major investment bank, M&A boutique, strategy consultancy or Big 4 accounting firm. Detailed knowledge of the financial services or insurance market is not required but helpful.
- You should bring excellent financial skills, strong commercial judgement and experience in managing due diligence workstreams. Prior exposure to post-merger integration projects will be beneficial.
- The firm are looking for a driven team player with strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with various stakeholders, including external advisors and management teams of target firms.
- Native level German and fluent English are required.
PE Backed Business, Private Equity