Head of Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting, Global Investment Fund, Abu Dhabi, UAEReference:
74831 /6C Our client is looking for a strong leader to head up their finance and accounting team. It is a high profile role and will require strong relationships to be built with senior management, external parties and other senior stakeholders.
- Recommend changes to existing procedure to improve accuracy and efficiency of work activity
- Be actively involved in committees that are set to review and / or implement financial systems and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations issued by financial authorities in the UAE and in jurisdictions where the fund or its SPVs operate
- Appoint third-party service providers as per standard vendor selection and approval process; supervise and monitor the quality of their services and deliverables as per stated KPIs
- Ensure appropriate valuations are carried within accounting records at all times
- Provide all requested reporting to the organisation, including cash forecasts, liquidity positions, management and performance fee reporting, foreign exchange exposure, etc.
- Review, authorise and approve payments for management and performance fees. Constantly review and forecast future information technology requirements, and appropriately present this to senior management
- Define the framework for the development of critical talent and high potentials
- Take responsibility for mentoring high potentials and critical talent in their career progression
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar qualification required
- Sound knowledge of fund accounting, NAV and valuations for illiquid asset classes (e.g. private equity, infrastructure, hedge funds and real estate investments)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with senior executives and staff from different cultural backgrounds
Search for jobs
New jobs only