Investment Manager, Pan-European Sustainability Mid-Market Buyout Fund, Munich, Germany
About our client
We are working for a pan-European private equity fund that targets market-leading performance by investing in sustainable businesses to drive environmental change. The firm has a track record in Europe of successful investments across buy-out, growth capital and buy and build. Current assets under management are over EUR1bn, with the next fund successfully closed, driven by strong demand from international LPs.
Our client acquires mostly majority stakes in dynamic businesses that have an integrated sustainability component. The focus on sustainability is aligned with global secular megatrends of increased population density, scarcity of natural resources and the negative effects on pollution.
The Investment Manager will play a key role in a growing team seeking investment opportunities across DACH. Our client also has offices across several European countries, with well-developed internal structures to support successful growth. The German business is planning an ambitious period of activity in the coming year and is looking for a resourceful, dedicated, and ambitious team member to come on board.
What the job involves
- End-to-end work across the deal cycle: execute transactions, display dedication and technical skill in analysis, structuring, diligence, negotiations and closing
- Act as an ambassador for the firm
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player; able to work successfully with internal and external providers
- Actively support and drive origination through an interest in building your own network and seizing on market trends and commercial opportunities
Who we are looking for
- Substantial deal record from the DACH mid-market space
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluent English and native standard German language skills.
- A strong educational background from a top university or business school
- High energy and resourceful, yet detail-orientated mindset
- Able to operate in the DACH-region but with a cultural understanding of other markets, partnering where appropriate with other offices in Europe
- Articulate, persuasive and commercial, able to grasp the fundamentals of investing and display commercial instincts
- Excellent modeling skills and advanced Excel