Junior Fund Accountant, Successful Mid-Market Private Equity Fund, London, UK
We are currently working with a high-performing and well-established mid-market private equity firm, who are growing rapidly and raising more money than ever. They are naturally collaborative and build long-term relationships with their investors and across their business.
They are now looking to add a Fund Accountant Assistant to their growing Finance Function, where you will focus on investor reporting and providing investment support. This role sits within the Fund Management team, where you will support their growing number of institutional funds.
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity within private equity where they will support your completion of the ACA/ACCA, and has great career progression as you will quickly become their go to Fund Accountant once you have qualified. You will have extensive exposure to their portfolio and mentorship from high-performing finance professionals.
You will have a relevant degree qualification, being either newly qualified or having some relevant work experience. You will be highly quantitative, with a strong team work ethic and the ability to report to tight deadlines, with an interest in working in private equity.
- Support the fund accountant with quarterly investor reports
- Producing ad hoc analysis relating to the portfolio for use by the Portfolio team.
- Review daily bank reconciliations provided by the fund administrator
- Liaising with the fund administrator to ensure all the payment log is maintained
- Prepare year-end financial statements for small corporate entities
- Supervising the drawdown and repayment of funds to and from investors by the administrators to ensure accuracy and security
- Liaising with the fund administrator to log and answer queries from institutional investors
- Complete monthly internal stock reconciliations and agree these with the fund administrator
- Complete monthly custody reconciliations for reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Degree educated (ideally in business, finance, accounting, or a related field)
- Newly graduated or part qualified accountant
- Strong academics, with a high level of numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills – Excel
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough
- Drive and initiative – the desire to add value, proactive approach
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong teamwork ethic