Investment Director, Northern Gritstone, Manchester, Sheffield or Leeds Area, UK
We are working with Northern Gritstone, an impressive deep-tech and life sciences investor with significant patient capital to deploy into some of the most innovative deep tech start-ups in the UK. They have unique access to ground-breaking start-ups and will be deploying hundreds of millions into this sector in the short term and billions in the long term – this scale of deployment and proprietary deal flow differentiates them in the market. Given this scale, they can invest early and work with the portfolio in the long term to create deep value, whilst having the capital to follow on in the winners and maintain significant stakes all the way to IPO and beyond.
They are looking for an experienced investor to join the team as an Investment Director (potentially equivalent to a Partner role in other funds) – in this role you would be acting as a deal captain leading: the origination, structuring and execution of investments into deep tech and life sciences companies with a team below you to assist this.
Given the scale of capital, the unique access to deal-flow and the quality of the technology you will be exposed to, this has the potential to be a career defining opportunity.
- Leading deals end to end, from origination to completion and working with the Management on an ongoing basis to ensure the growth of the portfolio
- Growing your own network and the market presence of the investor
- Significant experience and a strong investment track record in venture or growth capital
- Significant experience investing in early or growth stage deep tech or life science companies
- Detail-oriented, structured thinker with strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to build and maintain close relationships with multiple stakeholders