Investment Manager / Director, Successful Operational Turnaround Firm, Berlin, Germany
We are supporting a highly successful turnaround firm to strengthen its team at mid-level. The firm has an excellent record of acquiring firms in need of restructuring and playing the leading role through this process, bringing leadership, operational expertise and financial support. The firm is characterised by its desire to engage operationally with its portfolio companies and team members will frequently assume C level roles and responsibilities for significant periods to bring the business back to good health. The ideal new hire should therefore be able to demonstrate a high level of analytical skills and commercial judgment, but critically also bring a practical, operational approach to be able to implement plans and the personal leadership credentials to bring management and employees with them. The role is expected to develop on a partner track.
- Sourcing and screening of new deal opportunities, through diligence and negotiation to completion
- Develop a detailed plan, guiding the company and staff through short-term liquidity issues, addressing key restructuring priorities whilst maintaining the support of customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Lead the operational implementation of this plan. It is very common for team members to step in as CRO / CFO / CEO during transition periods and whilst this new hire may not take up such a role immediately, they would probably play a #2 role behind a partner or senior director and need to show the potential and ambition to step up to such a position in the medium term
- The position therefore demands a rare balance of analytical skills, commercial judgment, hands-on operational experience through restructuring and fundamental leadership of people through crisis situations. It is an exciting but challenging job description
- You must bring previous experience in an operational role in an organisation undergoing fundamental change. This might be in a corporate development role in a midsized group, or possibly in a more senior role in a smaller company
- It is likely that you may have begun your career in consulting but our client expects to see a development beyond purely advisory projects into more hands-on responsibility
- High level of analytical skills, commercial judgment and project management but ultimately these will take second place behind real turnaround leadership and interpersonal capabilities
- A calm temperament; the ability to inspire in times of uncertainty; the resilience and tenacity to stick with a plan through periods of crisis and sometimes painful change; maturity; communication skills; credibility
- Native-level German is essential, together with a willingness to travel, sometimes for extended periods
PER is open for business and continuing with recruitment processes. Please continue to apply online for roles and our consultants will be in touch. We hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well.
Search for jobs
New jobs only