Associate, Digital Health Investments for Prominent Family Office, Berlin, Germany
Our client is a prominent family office with substantial financial resources that is now looking to add a new Associate, focused on digital health investments, to their growing team in the Berlin area. The firm are currently investing across a range of asset classes – from investments into listed companies to private equity, venture capital and fund of funds deals. They now wish to expand their strategy to specifically include investments in in the digital health space and are looking for an ambitious investment professional who will work exclusively on transactions in this growing market. As a new Associate with the deal team you will work on the origination, analysis, execution and closing of transactions across various investments stages. The position will be based in Berlin.
- The new Associate will work on all aspects of the deal life cycle – from origination and analysis of deal opportunities to the execution and closing of the transaction.
- You will be responsible for the financial and commercial analysis of digital health investment opportunities. You will manage various due diligence workstreams and liaise with external advisors and internal stakeholders alike.
- You will also be involved in portfolio management – implementing growth initiatives and eventually leading the firms to a potential exit.
- Sourcing of new deal opportunities will be an important part of the Associate position. So you should bring a genuine interest in digital health topics, a passion for investing and strong social skills to develop and maintain a network in the space.
- Outstanding academic record from a top tier university with a degree in finance, business administration, management, economics, mechanical engineering, medicine or life sciences.
- Initial transaction experience gained at a major investment bank, strategy consulting firm or private equity house. Previous exposure to the healthcare or technology sector is not required but will be helpful.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running. The firm are looking for a new hire with an inquisitive mindset, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for the investment space.
- Excellent English language skills are required. German language skills are not mandatory but you will need to live and work in the Berlin area so some knowledge of German will be helpful. Additional European languages will be beneficial.
Private Equity, Venture Capital