Principal, Global Mid-Market Private Equity, Zurich, Switzerland
Our client is a major international asset manager that is looking for a Principal to join their direct private equity investment team. They invest into SMEs in developed economies (Europe, Asia and the US) in non-cyclical sectors such as Food, Healthcare, B2B Services. They aim at taking majority participations, and initiate sound value creation initiatives in their portfolio companies, before exiting within a reasonable timeframe.
The role allows for a clear track to Partner level in the near future and is therefore a key position in their organisation. The team will deploy capital out of a fund currently being raised from an international and diversified Institutional client base, and the incoming investor will have oversight of the whole investment cycle, value creation initiatives, and manage exits.
- Source and lead the execution of direct investment opportunities globally.
- Quantitative and qualitative investment analysis, diligence, structuring and negotiations through to closing.
- Monitor and drive value creation in portfolio companies leading them to a successful exit eventually.
- Manage and mentor junior investment professionals.
- Significant direct transaction experience gained at a major private equity house.
- Previous exposure to the whole deal life cycle – from origination and analysis to structuring and negotiation through to closing of deals.
- Outstanding analytical skills and a passion to drive projects forward independently as well as a strong sense of entrepreneurship
- Degree from a major institution.
- Fluent English, any other language an asset.