Fund Finance & Valuations Manager, Leading Early-Stage Gaming Venture Fund, London, UK
About our client
We are currently partnering with one of Europe and North America's leading seed and series A venture capital investors in the gaming industry. They are about to embark on their fourth fundraising for a later-stage growth gaming fund, and as a result, are looking to add a Fund Finance & Valuations Manager to their Finance team, with AUM expected to triple in the next twelve months.
What the job involves
In this role, you will work closely with the Finance Director, taking ownership of all portfolio valuations, working closely with the investment team, concurrent to managing the fund administrator relationship, coordinating and reviewing all accounting for their three funds, with the opportunity to onboard further funds and co-investment SPVs in the short-term. In addition, you will be in charge of preparing fund financial and investor reporting, alongside producing KPIs for the portfolio, funds and investors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move in-house or someone in a similar role looking for a highly commercial, quantitative position in a small, but growing team, where you will take on lots of responsibility, and gain invaluable exposure across the business.
- Maintain both regular and ad-hoc portfolio valuations; work with the investment team to agree and document portfolio company valuations, and liaise with external auditors
- Preparation of both fund financial and investor reports, reviewing quarterly and annual accounts for various institutional funds
- Cash and liquidity management, including forecasting fund and general partner entity cash flows
- Preparation of quarterly KPIs for the portfolio, funds and investors
- Preparation and review of capital calls, equalisations and distribution waterfall calculations
- Implementing and managing a suite of FCA policies and procedures, including maintaining timely records and preparing regular and ad-hoc compliance reports
- Liaising with the outsourced fund administrators and compliance advisers
Who we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant; sound understanding of relevant UK GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent commercial judgement and analytical ability, and familiarity with venture capital
- FCA compliance knowledge and strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- High-quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets/Excel, with strong modelling and analytical skills
- High IQ and strong academic track record and a strong growth mindset
- An out-of-the-box thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
Venture Capital, Finance