Rare Fund Accountant Opportunity, Exciting European Venture Capital Investor, London, UK
Our client is one of Europe’s most exciting venture capital funds based in the UK, focusing on early-stage seed and Series A opportunities. Although relatively new, they have grown rapidly, raising highly impressive amounts of capital to date. Initially, they were set up with just a senior management team of experienced venture capital professionals, however off the back of their success, they are now looking to build out their teams.
They are now looking to hire a Fund Accountant in a new role, with this person taking ownership of the fund administrator relationship, coordinating and reviewing the accounting for the clients three funds, alongside onboarding and facilitating the addition of further funds and co-investment SPVs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make the move in-house, or someone with experience in a similar role, at a highly entrepreneurial, fast-growing and successful venture capital fund. You will have the opportunity to shape this role in the context of the wider business, with support from extremely experienced venture capital professionals, alongside an established fund administrator and other internal teams.
You will be a highly quantitative and analytical individual, interested in venture, looking to utilise your accounting expertise in a dynamic and high-performing environment.
- Review and have an input in both fund financial and investor reporting
- Review of quarterly and annual accounts for various institutional funds
- Cash and liquidity management
- Liaising with the outsourced fund administrators
- Preparation of monthly IRRs for the portfolio, funds and investors
- Preparation and review of drawdowns and distribution waterfall calculations
- Manage investor queries
- Adhoc projects when needed
- Qualified Chartered Accountant preferred but not essential; understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent commercial judgement and analytical ability, and familiarity with venture capital space
- Compliance knowledge is a plus. Strong technical accounting and analytical skills, working knowledge of IFRS
- High quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets/Excel, with strong modelling and analytical skills
- High IQ and strong academic track record and a strong growth mindset
- Out-of-the-box thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
Venture Capital, Finance