Paralegal, Global Leading Private Equity Fund, London, UK
Our client, a leading global private equity fund are currently looking to hire a Paralegal to join their high-performing direct co-investments team. The fund, which has over 30 years of experience investing through a range of strategies, have had a very successful past couple of years. They have grown both their assets and people count and are forecasting this to be the trend for the foreseeable future – making it a very exciting time to join.
As the Paralegal you will support the direct co-investment group in investing capital as well as improving business operations. You will gain plenty of exposure to wide range of activities, primarily focused on the transaction closing process. This is including but is not limited to managing document flow, communication among relevant internal and external parties, KYC and preparing closing sheets. You will work very closely with the Head of Portfolio Management on a day-to-day basis whilst liaising with the wider team including, accounting, tax, legal and compliance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a legal support professional with experience in the financial services, investment management or legal practice sectors to join a high performing team in a role with plenty of progression and opportunity.
- Work closely with the direct deal team and external legal counsel to monitor the status of deals and provide supporting documentation
- Facilitate and prepare the closing package for direct investments
- Ensure compliance with all internal transaction processes and reporting requirements
- Update treasury team on deal closings
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure transaction sheets are accurate
- Review and respond to KYC enquiries and requests
- Arrange execution of legal documents
- Prepare invoices for deal related expenses
- Assist with the implementation of the teams strategic initiatives
- Work closely with wider internal teams, including legal, compliance and deals
- Similar experience working within the financial services, investment management or legal practice sectors
- Hands on transaction support experience such as deal closing
- Experience working across multiple jurisdictions would be advantageous
- A self-starter that is used to juggling multiple tasks at one time