Fluent Mandarin Investment Banking Consultant, CEO's Office, Global Investment Fund, Middle East
We are working a large investment fund with a global remit, based in the Middle East They are looking for a Senior Associate / VP to join their CEO's office as an investment banking and investment consultant focused on China. The role will be based in the Middle East and there will be frequent travel to China in this role.
The Investment Banking Consultant will play a key role in coordinating, progressing and managing the assigned projects and tasks, ensuring assignments are delivered on time, following up where conflicts arise and bringing urgent issues to the CEO's attention.
- Collect, analyse, translate, challenge and summarise complex information from a related project/engagement and prepare accurate summary briefing materials
- Support and document minutes at various meetings, produce follow up actions as required and ensure these are delegated, distributed and actioned as appropriate
- Create inventory of all "events" past and present, including meetings, talks, conferences, etc
- Work with CEO to determine the role the Investment Banking Consultant will play in outlining, drafting, and/or researching in support of each event
- Perform agreed upon work including coordinating with others who might be involved; communication must be clear, concise, and compelling and adhere to the Fund’s guidelines
- Prepare follow up correspondence for internal and external meetings, as directed by the CEO
- Conduct fact checking in support of all project related communications;
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the CEO on the status of the communication materials mentioned above
- Action any other responsibilities within the key areas as directed by the CEO
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects in which the CEO is especially interested and/or for which his awareness and involvement is essential
- Work with executive staff to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon goals
- Be prepared to share an assessment/evaluation the CEO of project status and variations from schedule or scope
Leadership of Special Projects
- Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick-turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance
- Present ideas for special projects that might facilitate the CEO's objectives
- Work with appropriate stakeholders internal to undertake analysis
- If necessary, oversee transfer of the project to other stakeholders within the fund
The critical core competencies for successful performance in this role are:
- Native Mandarin speaker with fluency in English and/or Arabic
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Organisational and political agility; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast- paced environment
- Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
Compensation is competitive and tax free (for non-US citizens).
Private Equity, Venture Capital, Finance, Fund of Funds, Other
PER is open for business and continuing with recruitment processes. Please continue to apply online for roles and our consultants will be in touch. We hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well.
Search for jobs
New jobs only