AVP, Market Risk, Global Investment Group, Doha, Qatar
About our client
Our client is a leading investment group with operations across the Middle East, Africa and Europe with headquarters in Doha, Qatar.
Its three business lines are investment banking, asset management, and principal investments which focus on real estate, credit, and equity investments.
What the job involves
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the individual will play a lead role in market risk policies and reporting. Specific objectives include:
- Conduct risk reviews and assessment of trading activity
- Monitor and ensure actions are being taken in accordance with Investment Committee, and Board recommendation
- Perform independent analysis on trade orders and execution
- Assess products presented to IC and provide appropriate challenge to the Treasury Manager
- Review and assess the hedging policies in place
- Liaise closely with the treasury department to collect relevant information and data
- Assist the Portfolio and Risk Manager in the day-to-day monitoring of the portfolio.
Who we are looking for
- The individual should demonstrate strong strong analytical skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of treasury, market risk and hedging products
- Be organized with close attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, BBG, and Thomson Reuters
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or other related field/advanced degree, CFA or other professional market qualification is an added advantage
- Relevant experience in analysing policies within a financial institution