Associate, Digital Healthcare Venture Capital Fund, London, UK
InHealth Ventures is dedicated to partnering with exceptionally talented entrepreneurs to build technology and services companies that will contribute to solving today’s major healthcare challenges.
We are a healthcare venture capital fund linked to InHealth Group, the largest private provider of preventative and diagnostic services in the UK and Ireland.
InHealth Ventures is a $50m fund that supports early-stage companies to reach their potential, based on our deep commercial and operational experience. We understand what healthcare customers want and we have a long-established network of partners and distribution channels to help portfolio companies reach them.
We typically invest at seed and series A, in teams with strong domain expertise, who are combining distinctive insights and cutting edge technology to address important and complex problems. Our goal is to contribute to bending the healthcare cost curve, improving patient outcomes and experience, and enhancing the working lives of clinical staff.
Job Description & Responsibilities.
- Build a network among entrepreneurs and investors in the UK and Western Europe
- Systematically and proactively use this network to identify potential investment opportunities where InHealth Ventures can make a difference through financial capital, operational experience and healthcare expertise
- Become a thought leader around new technologies that have the potential to have a disruptive impact on healthcare
- Drive due diligence process, using an evidence-based approach to critically analyse team, market, technical, clinical and financial aspects of an opportunity. This includes building financial models, analysing investment returns and writing investment papers
- Support deal execution including oversight of legal matters
- Build and draw on a network of experts and due diligence providers to augment your understanding
- Liaise directly with portfolio companies to monitor performance vs. expectations. This includes modelling cash flow at individual company and portfolio level
- Facilitate partnership opportunities between portfolio companies and the broader InHealth Group
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operating matters on an ad hoc basis
- A natural tendency towards curiosity, with a passion for learning about new things and solving hard healthcare problems
- Intrinsically motivated completer-finisher, comfortable working in an unstructured environment, making decisions independently
- Highly empathetic with strong interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively with senior professionals
- Raw intellectual capability, highly detail-orientated, with strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance, industry and company analysis
- Experience working within life sciences or healthcare is extremely desirable
- Background in venture capital, start-up, or top tier consulting, also very desirable
Master’s degree in business or finance is essential.
The position offers an annual gross salary of GBP 80,000 to GBP 85,000 depending on experience. Where appropriate, travelling costs will be paid. If prolonged periods of extra work above the standard working week are requested, payment for overtime will be made. The position may also attract performance-linked incentive.
Closing Date: 25th December 2019
Location: 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9SR
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £80,000.00 to £85,000.00 /year
No. of Vacancy: 1