Finance Manager, Europe's Leading Private Equity Group, London, UK
Our client is one of Europe's largest and most successful private asset managers, who have over €71 billion of assets under management today. They invest globally, covering multiple jurisdictions and sectors. They are growing rapidly, and as a result, are looking to hire a Finance Manager for their London office.
In this role you will grow alongside the business, gaining more responsibility in a fast-paced, lucrative industry. They want to hire a commercial individual with experience in industry, that has exposure to rapid growth in a management accounting/finance manager role, looking to apply the skills they learnt to a rapidly growing, multi-jurisdictional private investor. You will have the opportunity to present your financial analysis of new potential bolt on acquisitions to senior stakeholders from the first day.
You will be exposed to cross-border collaboration, in a fast-paced environment, overseeing the management accounting for the London, Dutch and French offices. You will work with the Head Office Project team to review the current management accounting, liaising with third party providers to transform the finance function and improve processes, with full autonomy over the change management.
- Review monthly management accounts, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations and P&L postings, managing the outsourced provider when changes are required, working to group reporting deadlines
- Identify and resolve outstanding management accounting points and reduce any outsourcing issues
- Review and approve quarterly VAT & annual CIT calculations and postings
- Review and approve quarterly & annual FCA regulatory submissions for UK regulated entity
- Review and approve annual P11d & PSA submissions for UK entity
- Lead contact for the local audit for external auditors and outsourced finance provider, working to group reporting deadlines
- Support Head Office by following up on any queries relating to audit points
- Further developing the overview and governance structure for the London, Netherlands & France offices in partnership with the local HR, Compliance & Office managers
- Ensure the London office applies global finance processes and that the staff follow local accounting/ finance regulatory requirements (including local tax and statutory rules)
- Working with the Head Office Project team, review current state of management accounting with external service provider and make recommendations for transforming the function and improving processes, driving the change as the local lead
- Design, implement and conduct regular review process for processes that rest with the external service provider keeping management & key stakeholders up to date with performance
- Experienced qualified accountant ideally trained with an audit firm
- Having made the move out of an audit firm, the successful candidate would have gained experience in a commercial firm in a relevant management accounting position – with experience of working in a multi-jurisdictional finance team
- Flexible, progressive and transparent operating style – special consideration given to the cultural fit
- Driven individual who has the ability to see the bigger picture and see what needs to be done
- European language skills are useful, but not essential
- High performing - giving people responsibility and freedom to act and base evaluation on performance, there is always room for improvement