Analyst/Associate, European Fund of Funds, Berlin, Germany
Our client is one of the longest established private equity investment firms in Germany and has an impressive deal track record across a variety of investment strategies, including direct buyout, fund of funds and co-investment practices.
The firm has raised substantial capital to invest into new, first time or ‘Emerging Manager’ private equity firms, backing proven investors with strong track records to establish new investment businesses. This strategy reflects, and indeed leads, a recognised trend towards entrepreneurial emerging fund management teams in the European PE industry.
Our client is also very actively involved in leading co-investments and as the substantial and often sole Limited Partner in some of these Emerging Manager vehicles, plays a key role in deal assessments, often working jointly with the underlying General Partner in a hybrid role, so this position offers the chance for very close exposure to commercial and operational issues.
The firm is now planning to hire new team members at Associate / Analyst level to help deploy this new capital and to build their investment careers long term. The position would be based in Berlin with coverage across the whole European market.
- Identify, analyse and execute diverse private equity fund and co-investment investments across Europe, with a strong emphasis on emerging fund managers
- Work on a diverse range of entrepreneurial deal opportunities – from their dynamic Emerging Manager strategy, to hands-on co-investments, as well as the firm’s established European mid and small cap fund of funds strategy
- Actively monitor fund and individual asset performance; ongoing correspondence with GPs; support reporting and investor relations with LPs
- Candidates will have a background in strategy consulting or corporate finance gained at a top tier strategy consultancy, restructuring consultancy, Big 4 accounting firm or M&A boutique. For the Analyst position, strong graduates with relevant internships will also be considered
- Demonstrate excellent modelling skills, great commercial judgment and a truly international outlook. Personality and potential are as important for this position as past technical experience
- You are an entrepreneurial team player with a dynamic, hands-on work attitude and with excellent communication skills
- Strong academic track record
- Excellent English is required and fluency in a further European language is highly welcome. German language skills are not required for this position but will be helpful
Fund of Funds, Private Equity