Experienced Investor, Director or Senior Associate, Scandinavian Growth Firm, Berlin, GermanyReference:
74887 /19M Our client is a long-established growth investor focusing on technology-enabled companies in Northern Europe. They have an excellent track record and newly raised capital to invest across various sectors from consumer and software to industrial technology and energy. The firm has already made several strong portfolio investments in Germany and are now establishing an office in Berlin to extend their deal flow further in the German-speaking region. Entrepreneurial Director or Senior Associate level candidates with a passion for technology and growth investments will have the chance to join one of Europe’s most successful growth investors and help them develop their presence in Germany. The position will be based in Berlin with regular travel across domestic and international markets.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the deal life cycle – from sourcing and analysis through to closing the deal. You will be part of a dynamic, low-ego and diverse team with a flat hierarchy and excellent team culture
- Active portfolio management; furthering growth initiatives at the portfolio firms and eventually leading them to a successful exit. This will include taking board seats from day one
- Sourcing new deal opportunities and growing your network in the market are essential features of this position. You are expected to play a key role in further establishing the firm’s name in the German market, and therefore the firm needs natural networkers and people who can win trust and inspire fruitful partnerships
- Extensive investment experience from a growth private equity or venture capital firm focused on the technology space. Senior Associate level candidates may also bring relevant M&A experience from a major investment bank or M&A boutique only. Ideally, you will have had exposure to sponsor-led TMT deals
- Personality is key – the firm wish to hire humble stars, high-calibre candidates who are looking to make a long-term impact on the firm and play a key role in establishing the new Berlin office
- A genuine passion for technology companies and growth investing in Europe is a must. You are well-networked in the technology growth space and will be able to contribute significantly to the sourcing of new deal opportunities
- You are a humble team-player with an entrepreneurial mind-set, a hands-on working attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Native-level German skills and excellent English are required. Additional languages will be helpful but not mandatory
Search for jobs
New jobs only