Associate, Leading European Mid-Market Private Equity Firm, Munich, Germany
Our client is a very successful European mid-cap buyout firm, which has expanded into the DACH market with a new office in Munich. The firm is looking to hire an additional Associate and is keen to see high calibre candidates from banking and consulting backgrounds.
- As an Associate you will join the deal team, working on new investment opportunities, as well as having close involvement in managing the existing portfolio
- This will include supporting partners on sourcing, meeting management teams, analysing deal structures, diligence, financing, preparing investment committee papers and closing. You will also be directly involved in portfolio work.
- The firm are prepared to invest time in additional financial training as required, providing the personality fits!
- Native German speaker, with fluent English, prepared to work in Munich as part of a cosmopolitan, professional fund
- Strong initial training with one of the more active investment banks or consulting firms, ideally working on private equity deals. Alternative experience in start ups or corporates will also be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Demonstrate that you can look into the commercial framework of the deal and really understand the investment thesis for growth, risk and management
- Honesty, humility, enthusiasm and intellectual rigor characterise this firm and you should also share these values