Associate, Dynamic Pan-European Mid-Market Buyout Fund, Munich, Germany
We are working for an international private equity fund which targets market-leading performance by investing in sustainable businesses. The firm has a track record in Europe of successful investments across buy-out, growth capital and buy and build. Current assets under management are over EUR1bn, with the next fund already anticipated, driven by strong demand from international LPs.
Our client acquires mostly majority stakes in dynamic businesses that have an integrated sustainability component. The focus on sustainability is aligned with global secular megatrends of increased population density and scarcity of natural resources.
The Associate will play a key role in a growing team seeking investment opportunities across DACH. Our client also has offices across several European countries, with well-developed internal structures to support successful growth. The German business is planning an ambitious period of activity in the coming year and is looking for a resourceful, dedicated and ambitious team member to come on board. Promotion prospects are expected to be attractive (results-dependent).
- End to end work across the deal cycle: execute transactions, display dedication and technical skill in analysis, structuring, diligence, negotiations and closing
- Support origination through an interest in building your own network and seizing on market trends and commercial opportunities
- Team player: support the senior team members with various projects; able to work successfully with internal and external providers; proactive and enthusiastic
- Act as an ambassador for the firm at all times, including during fund raising.
- M&A experience from a top-tier investment bank or strategic consultancy
- Excellent modelling skills and advanced Excel
- Articulate, persuasive and commercial, able to grasp the fundamentals of investing and display commercial instincts
- Able to operate in DACH-region but with cultural understanding of other markets, partnering where appropriate with other offices in Europe
- High energy and resourceful, yet detail-orientated mindset
- Passionate about investing in and growing companies, as well as a career in PE
- A strong educational background from a top university or business school
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluent English and native standard German language skills.